I’ve been signing up for free samples for about the last two and a half years and I have to say, it has been such a great experience. Over two years of freebie finding has also taught me some tricks to get the most out of each chance to grab a freebie. A lot of people wonder how I get so much by doing such little work. The answer is organization!
If your just starting out, this is a great way to get organized and if you are already signing up for free stuff, you might find that just following a couple of these tips will increase your percentages of samples received. Right now I get about 70-90% of all the samples I sign up for.
Here is some of my best advice so you too can reap the many rewards of free stuff finding:
- Get a free phone number for free sample offers. Some samples will require you to have an active phone number. If you enter a fake phone number, you might not get the sample and if you put your phone number in, you may get telemarking calls. To remedy this, I got a free phone number through Google Voice. It is easy, quick and of course you never have to answer it! They have phone numbers in every area code. I also like to use this when I sign up for contests!
- Get a free email address for free sample finding. I have gmail and love it. Google offers a number of free services and it makes organization easy. You can even use Google Calendar to note what you have sign up for if you like to keep track of all of your sampling activity.
- Sign up for as many freebie offers as you can. I have a friend that only signs up for free samples of edible products like cookies, candy and snacks. She always complains she never gets as much as I do. This is because I sign up for everything! I might not need Depends, let’s face it’s not that sexy of a sample but it is a great item to donate during the holidays. Just remember it’s free and if you don’t need it, someone does.
- Remember to be patient with free sample offers. Some companies only send out samples in groups, like every six weeks. Some companies get more requests than they have samples, so when they run out, they just don’t send any out. The truth is the samples can take 4 -8 weeks to arrive. Sometimes I get things I request within days other times weeks. Once it took over six months for a sample to show up. You have no control over it so just be patient.
- Expect that you are not going to get everything. Once I requested a sample while on the phone with a friend. I told her about it and she requested it too at the same time. She got her sample, I never got mine. If you remember that you are “asking” for a sample and that no promises are made, then you learn to expect nothing. Then when it arrives it is all the more cool to see all these samples in your mailbox. It’s sort of like the lottery! You play and then hopefully you win.
- Contact the company if you have your heart set on it. In some cases, if you signed up and received nothing, you can contact the companies customer service. They will want to know the date you requested the sample when you make your request. Sometimes you get samples and sometimes they send you money off coupons, you just never know.
For more tips on becoming a free sample finding expert, check out 5 Tips for Free Stuff Finding and How to Avoid Scams on the Internet.
This article was written by Richel at Free Stuff Finder